Some people like to stay single. Others are looking for a companion and a long term relationship and many are just looking for fun. A zillion of dating applications can attest to that. Falling in love is easy. Staying single is easy. Staying in love – not so easy. Having a heathy relationship may take some serious work over the time. You decide whether you want to put a work in it or walk away. So what is that we should be looking for in our partner? I said before, there are four must have:
- Open Communication
Here are some basic things that have nothing to do with your good looks or even with the attraction level between you two. If more than two are missing and your partner is not willing to address those with you, your relationship will start to build a resentment that will lead to potentially bigger problems such as financial issues, cheating, abusive behavior. It goes without saying that relationships like that will ultimately fail.
Your green signals:
- I am treated with respect.
- He or she doesn’t make fun of things you like or want to do.
- He or she never puts you down.
- He or she doesn’t get angry if you spend time with your friends or family.
- He or she listens to your ideas and is able to compromise with you.
- He or she isn’t excessively negative.
- He or she shares some of your interests and supports you in pursuing what you love.
- We are not afraid to share our thoughts and feelings.
- We are comfortable around our friends and family.
- He or she is proud of my accomplishments and successes.
- We respects each other boundaries and do not abuse technology.
- He or she doesn’t require you to “check in” or need to know where you are all the time.
- He or she is caring and honest.
- He or she doesn’t pressure you to do things that you don’t want to do.
- He or she doesn’t constantly accuse you of cheating or being unfaithful.
- We encourages each other in or quest for personal and professional success.
- He or she doesn’t threaten you or make you feel scared, for example threatening to leave.
- We understand the importance of healthy relationships.